Shaping futures: Inspiring and enabling all, to realise their dreams.
We are a 56 placed pre-school at Kingsfield Primary School in Chatteris. We are situated within the school building, and take children from 2 years 9 months, free two year old funding subject to eligibility and offers funded places for children aged 3-4 years old from the term after they are 3 years old. The Preschool is split into two rooms; Acorn Room for children from 2 years and Oak Room for children in their last year before school. We have a fantastic outdoor area with a variety of available activities, which is accessed by both rooms throughout the pre-school day, as well as activities that are provided inside to stimulate and promote learning and play for the children.
The activities that we provide are based on the children interests, which work alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage. This is the curriculum which is followed from birth right up until the end of Reception.
Each child will be allocated a key person who will be your main point of contact to discuss your child's development with. The key person will be taking observations using our brand new Interactive Learning Diaries on a regular basis, which you can access at our termly key meetings!
We offer lots of opportunities for parents to become involved, including stay and play sessions, key meetings, communication books and helping us add things to our reward boards!
Staff at Kingsfield preschool are committed to delivering a good quality of care and education to all children who attend the pre-school. The staff are committed to their own professional development.
Kingsfield pre-school is proud that all practitioners are qualified to level 3 in childcare.
- To provide a secure and happy environment to motivate the children to learn and play.
- To work together with Parents and Carers, to build and form good relationships to enable us to meet the needs of your child.
- To promote and encourage independence and self-esteem to enable the children to have the confidence to join in with others.
- To meet the needs of the individual children adapting our resources and activities to enable all the children to participate.
The Preschool offers sessions between the hours of 8.45am-11.45am and 11.50am-2.50pm, however children can attend for a full day 8.45am-2.50pm, where they will require either a pack lunch or can purchase a hot lunch. The Preschool offers the 30 hour government entitlement.
- Administrator: Jennie Ann Pritchard
- 01354692323 email@example.com